The Art of Travel
Punctuality & Reliability
As travel experts, we understand parents, pupils and other passengers need a safe and reliable transport solution. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and guarantee that every bus always run if the roads are safe for travel.
Convenient routes mean parents are not caught up in the cost and wasted time of the school run, and can go to work earlier, come back later or simply have a little more time to themselves! Other passengers also benefit from direct routes that are poorly served by alternative providers.
Some of the ways we deliver above regular bus route include:
- all our buses having on-board GPS tracking, so we know exactly where they are at all times.
- customers can also track their bus; great to time exactly when to leave the house and avoid waiting around at the bus stop in bad weather or in the dark.
- if there is a delay on the road we'll tell you with our free text service.
- our maintenance regimes are considerably better than industry standards to keep our services running as smooth as possible (we regularly achieve the top VOSA score for vehicle maintenance).
At The Green Bus we passionately believe our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
We have strict recruitment procedures so only the best, like-minded people join us and always try their best to give great customer service. This includes:
- you can call us 24/7, with our dedicated Customer Services team available from 0600 hours until 1900 hours during term time.
- professional and knowledgeable drivers, all CRB-checked at the Enhanced Disclosure level.
- a dedicated driver to each service whereever possible, with continuous training to ensure high standards of driving and customer care.
- if your bus is delayed due to traffic or poor weather, we won't leave you waiting at your stop wondering where it is. Our free text service is great for keeping you fully informed.
- our lost property service is second-to-none! On a daily basis we successfully reunite found items with the rightful owner, often within 24 hours and sometimes even before the item has been noticed as lost! We have returned hundreds of items over the years, from trumpets to sets of cricket whites, and more mobile phones, purses and wallets than you can imagine.
We use technology in every aspect of our business, from the planning of bus routes right through to daily operations. To meet with our high standards and have greater flexibility to adapt to future needs, where possible we design, build and maintain our own software.
In 2010 we won a national industry award for our innovative approach to technology, seeing off competitors many times our size in the process.
Some of the many ways we bring cutting edge technology into the day to day running of ours services are:
- parents, pupils and other passengers can track their school bus live through our website, and then time when to leave the house.
- our free text messages to advise about service changes or difficult traffic conditions.
- free on-board Wi-Fi at broadband speeds; great for passengers to enjoy on their smart phones, laptops or tablets whilst on the move.
- our bus routes are planned using interactive mapping tools to maximise the number of passengers we can serve whilst minimising the distance they have to walk to the nearest stop.
Customers enjoy a great service because our bus routes are forensically planned using interactive mapping tools to maximise the number of passengers we can serve whilst minimising the distance they have to walk to the nearest stop.
This innovative way of creating our network of services enables passengers to leave the car at home and take a more green, safe and fun travel option.
We are industry leaders too when it comes to exploiting technology, including:
- all of our vehicles are fitted with GPS tracking, providing us with almost real-time overview of the fleet.
- customers can track the school bus be it from a computer or mobile device. This allows passengers to see where their bus is and avoid having to wait around at the bus stop in bad weather or in the dark.
- when travelling on one of our buses passengers can make use of the free Wi-Fi to access the internet. Whether it is for research, to play games or to communicate with friends, any Wi-Fi enabled device can join in.