After consulting with a university virologist, we have implemented an extensive package of safety measures which are intended to keep everyone safe on our buses.
We are observing the guidance issued by the Department for Education on 2 July 2020, which sets out a framework of measures for bus operators to consider when running buses for pupils. In addition to DfE’s minimum requirements, we have implemented the following additional safety measures:
- we have fitted screens to separate the driver from customers
- every window is open during the journey to ensure a supply of fresh air
- we have equipped every bus with hand sanitizer dispensers near the entrance
- we require the wearing of face coverings: customers not wearing them, or who remove them, will not be allowed to travel
- standing is no longer permitted
- when leaving the bus, customers stay seated until the bus stops and the doors are open
- buses operate like the quiet carriage on a train, without unnecessary talking
- we have introduced new cleaning regime for buses using products which are known to destroy COVID-19, and ensuring that every hard surface inside the bus is treatedard surface inside the bus is treated
If you are hiring a bus from us, we will be happy to consider implementing any further measures from your own risk assessment. We can also advise how many pupils can travel on your buses under your own social distancing policy. Please call us on 0121 401 1666 to discuss your requirements further.